A NAMTA conference in Dallas, TX, January 15-18, 2015
The Social Relevance of the Montessori First Plane:
Engaging Families, Building Partnerships, and
Finding Common Ground with the
Wider Early Childhood Community
January 15-18, 2015
Doubletree Dallas Campbell Centre, Dallas, TX
- View brochure with complete program and schedule.
- Register at the event Thursday, January 15, 7-8 p.m. or Friday, January 16, 8-9 a.m.
- Conference events take place at the Doubletree Dallas Campbell Centre, telephone: 1-214-691-8700. Unfortunately, rooms are sold out at the Doubletree. An alternate hotel is the Hyatt House Dallas/Lincoln Park, 822 North Central Expressway, Dallas. Call 214-696-1555 to reserve a room.
- This conference includes an option to tour the Lumin East Dallas and Lindsley Park Community School Campuses and Friday, January 16, 4:45 to 7:00 p.m. The cost to participate in the tour is $10.
- See the panel presenting Friday, January 16, 2015, Educating the Local and State Community about Montessori
Local and national governments are focusing on early childhood as the panacea for breaking the cycle of generational poverty, and Montessori associations are also collaborating on early childhood initiatives. A new Montessori expansion is on the horizon as the “Montessori family community center” finds a place in the mainstream. The realization of Montessori’s social mission redefines Montessori’s role in the United States. Judi Orion will lead this conference in examining how early childhood can transform all levels of Montessori education. Lumin Education (formerly East Dallas Community Schools) will be featured and toured as an exemplar of Montessori schools that support the public sector.